Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Continuing Education

I enrolled in the University Of Phoenix this last February. After seeing hundreds of commercials stating “go back to school free with government grants,” this is a joke. I had stated to admissions and the financial advisor that I would only enroll if the tuition was totally covered by grants, no student loans. Both had assured me that this was the case and not to worry. Being an unwed woman on temporary disability, this would be a given. Well I was wrong. After completing about 12 weeks of courses, I started receiving mail regarding my student loans. I was furious. It took my financial advisor about 3 week to return my calls and when he did, it was bull. He said that financial aid is student loans. The admissions guy has never returned my calls. I ultimately withdrew since now that I am married, I definitely would not qualify.


They use these ads saying return to school for free and then get people that are already struggling into worse financial condition. Some of the ads are not for specific schools, so it makes me wonder if the government is behind some of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories