Monday, February 28, 2011

Tax refund fraud......BEWARE

I have used Turbo Tax to file my taxes for several years with great success. I think that most people do, but the hackers know this too. I have been receiving several emails daily stating that I need to verify my deposit. The title of the email states tax deposit verification needed. Do Not even open the email. Tax preparer services do not work this way. If there is any verification needed, it is done through their secure website.

I recently applied for a job online with the United States Post Office (USPS.gov) and then received an email from USPS.org stating to open the attached letter. Big mistake. It was a virus. Some how someone is watching my emails to know what I am doing. It is scary to know that someone is watching our ever move. Basically, if you do not know exactly who the emails are from, DO NOT OPEN IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories