Monday, February 7, 2011

Weather drama....

The weather is something everyone can rant about. It doesn’t matter where you live, right now it is bad everywhere. It has been snowing for 3 days with high winds; nothing was ever mentioned on the national news regarding us. The problem I have is that the news only gives attention to the east coast. I live in Wyoming and we have had the same weather in the past and it was never important to the rest of the country.

Currently the national news has mentioned about our extremely cold temperatures. That is putting it mildly. The big thing that people do not think about is the wind. When you have extreme temperatures, high winds and open ranges, this is what you can call dangerous. The difference is; the people that live in these remote, rural areas cope better. It is just like some people from California complaining about coal burning for energy. Currently it is -25 degrees and I have been burning a lot of coal to keep warm. It is a natural product from the earth, it burns hotter and longer than wood, and it is free from my husband work.

I am originally from Indiana. When I was a child, we had winters similar to Wyoming. My children grew up in Indiana and they never saw the type of winters like I did. The fact is; the weather everywhere is dramatically changing. Does this have anything to do with Global warming? Maybe or maybe not. Either way, I am proud to be in an area where we do not whine about the weather.

What is comes down to is, if you do not like the climate, then move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories