Friday, August 6, 2010

Recycle

One of the ways that I save money is feeding my chickens and dogs. I work for a restaurant and supplement animal food with the leftovers brought home from work. If it is going to be thrown out, why not get some use from it. All my animals love this extra treat. Anyone that has pets knows that food is not cheap. Just be sure to include regular dog food since it has the vitamins and proteins that dogs need.

Reusing glass jars is one thing I do a lot. They are used for everything from keeping old cooking grease to starting seeds. Cooking oil is a great fire starter. I use it when starting fires in my burn barrels or burning brush. If you choose to start seeds in a glass jar, be sure to transplant them before they get to root bound. I have had to break the jars in order to transplant them. Jars are also useful for sorting various notions, nail, screws and etc.

There are a lot of things that I do to save money without thinking. I am going to start being more conscious of them and will writing about them regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories