Monday, August 9, 2010

Spoiled brats

I think that I have actually lost my mind. After finally marrying my soul mate (Jim) of 14yrs, I don’t know if I can handle his baggage (his kids). I have been the only mother that they have ever had and one would think that at 24yrs and 32yrs of age, they would grow up and treat me like a person with feelings. Jim is only home for a couple of days here and there since he works out of town, but it never fails that his son (Jason), girlfriend and their dogs drive 300+ miles every other week to interfere with our quality time. My kids have lives of their own and I hardly ever see them. Is it wrong to think that after raising our kids that we should be able to have a life of our own?




Right at this moment, I think I might strangle a dog. Do not get me wrong, I have dogs of my own and love them very much. Jason has a beagle he either let’s her take off and run deep into the hills (and my male dog follows) or I have to listen to her howl continually. I try to tell them that if a rancher catches them around their sheep or cattle, they will get shot. But I must speak an unknown language since no one every pays any attention to what I have to say.

And, I finally got my S10 fixed from Jason blowing the transmission 2yrs ago. My husband drives it since the gas mileage is better with the long distance he drives. The kids are always having car problems when they come to our house and a couple of times it has been suggested to let them take the S10. I told my husband that when it got fixed, he was taking it again. I just heard him say that he will have to take Beth’s truck. Ultimately, I have no real say in the matter. Jason has always considered everything ours, in and around the house, his also.

After being sick on Sunday, I just wanted for us to put in a movie and have some quiet, alone (sober) time. What do you think happened? Jim sat on the front porch with the kids and got drunk, and I laid on the couch alone watching TV. This morning he wondered why I was crying and now he is pissed because he knows that I am upset. Well, that is not my fault. He could tell Jason that they do not need to come up all the time, especially since they do not have reliable transportation. Oh wait, Jason does, but he won’t drive it because it cost too much gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories