Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Magic Jack

The Magic Jack is a great concept. Having phone service that only cost $20 a year is a dream come true. I did purchase a Magic Jack. There are a few things to think about before purchasing one. The computer that it will be connected to; must be a high speed and working to top performance. Check with your internet provider in regards to the allotted amount of access available to you. Some providers have restrictions.

Before buying, log on to MajicJack.com and find out if there are numbers available for your area. This is a mistake that I had made. After receiving my Magic Jack, I found out that the number that I would be assigned was not a local number. This was totally understandable since I live in an extremely rural area of Wyoming. This was not going to work since our friends in town would be calling long distance and the number we currently have is in sequential order and easy to remember.

I did really consider keeping it since my family from Indiana would be calling us long distance either way. Most of them have free long distance from their cell phones, so they call me. The majority of the calls I receive are local. Basically, I wish we could do away with our landline all together. I am not a phone talker. We do have cell phones, but we do not get reception at our house.

Ultimately, I did return the Magic Jack and got my money back. For anyone living in a larger area with a good running computer, this would be a great investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories